What is Modafinil?
Modafinil is a medicine used to treat extreme sleepiness caused by sleep disorders such as narcolepsy, sleep apnea, and shift work sleep disorder. Provigil is the brand name for this medicine. This medication is wisely utilised by people suffering from narcolepsy. In this, we’ll discuss modafinil in brief and its usage. However, before using Modafinil it is crucial to know if can modafinil be taken empty stomach and it is also important to understand how to take it.
Uses of Modafinil Tablets
- Improving alertness in individuals with excessive drowsiness.
- Modafinil can be used to treat excessive drowsiness, either with or without cataplexy.
- Excessive drowsiness can often be linked with significant muscle weakness (the patient may fall but remain awake) and overwhelming emotions such as laughter, sobbing, or fear – a condition known as cataplexy.
- A disorder known as narcolepsy, which causes trouble staying awake and falling asleep at inappropriate times (e.g., in the morning or evening).
Modafinil for Narcolepsy Treatment
Modafinil is a stimulant medicine that is promoted as a “wakefulness-promoting agent” and is one of the stimulants used to treat narcolepsy. Narcolepsy is caused by the malfunction of the orexins, a family of wakefulness-promoting and sleep-suppressing peptides whose neurons are triggered by modafinil. Prexin neuron activation is connected with psychoactivity and pleasure.
Besides, Modafinil is not prescribed for symptoms of weariness or lack of energy, although it appears to be highly beneficial for certain people. It has also been used to treat hypersomnia, a condition in which individuals lack the ability for meaningful sleep and may require 10 or more hours of sleep each day. According to recent research, modafinil may assist recovered cocaine addicts overcome their addiction.
How Modafinil (Provigil) Works?
Modafinil (Provigil) is a medicine that promotes wakefulness in the central nervous system (CNS). Researchers aren’t sure how it works, but it appears to impact parts of the brain that govern alertness and attention. You can buy modafinil online
Can Modafinil be Taken Empty Stomach?
Yes, you may take Modafinil on an empty stomach. However, it is crucial to ask your doctor before start using it for getting more clarity. Furthermore, take this medication at the same time every day. Change the time of day you take modafinil without first consulting with your doctor. Using this medicine with or without food is an option, you can choose as per your wish.
What is the Ideal Way to Take Modafinil Pills?
- Do follow all of the instructions on your prescription label. Do not use modafinil in higher or lesser doses or for longer than suggested.
- Modafinil has the potential to become addictive. So, never give modafinil to someone else, especially someone who has a history of drug misuse or addiction.
- Keep the Modafinil in a place where others can’t get it because it’s against the law to distribute or sell modafinil.
- Modafinil is typically used in the morning to avoid daytime drowsiness or one hour before the start of a work shift to address job-related sleep problems.
- Both with and without meals are acceptable times to take modafinil.
- Modafinil is often prescribed for a period of 12 weeks or less.
- If you are using Modafinil to treat drowsiness caused by obstructive sleep apnea, you may be treated with continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine.
- Do not cease using your CPAP machine while sleeping unless your doctor instructs you to. To treat your disease effectively, a combination of CPAP and modafinil therapy may be required.
- Modafinil will not cure or treat obstructive sleep apnea. Follow your doctor’s directions for any other therapies for this ailment.
- If you continue to feel drowsy despite taking modafinil, contact your doctor.
- Taking modafinil does not replace getting adequate sleep.
- Always store Modafinil far away from moisture and heat at room temperature.
What is the Recommended Dosage of Modafinil Tablets?
The recommended dosage of Modafinil may vary depending on the personal needs of individuals.
- The suggested dose is 200 mg once a day, with a maximum of 400 mg.
- Modafinil should be taken in the morning if you have narcolepsy or obstructive sleep apnea, and one hour before work if you have shift work disorder.
- You can take the medication, modafinil both with or without food as per choice.
- The 400 mg dosage may be no more effective than the 200 mg dose.
Side effects of Modafinil Tablets:-
There can be numerous side effects of Modafinil that may occur while using it such as:
- Allergic reaction
- Breathing issues
- Chest pain
- Hearing issues
- Fast irregular heartbeats
- Increased blood pressure
- Redness or peeling of skin inside the mouth
- Sore throat
- Suicidal thoughts
Furthermore, in most cases, side effects may vanish with time, but if these persist do consult with a doctor immediately before any delay.
Where to Buy Modafinil UK?
You may buy Modafinil online by visiting the website xanax online. Here you will get genuine modafinil and other medications at a very reasonable price. You may thus get your meds from this pharmacy store without worrying about time or money.